Sunday, August 15, 2010

On Everything Being in Mexican

I'm in Mexico and it feels amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's me on my bed passed out. I stayed up all night because I was afraid I'd miss my flight, left my house at 4AM, took flight at 7AM, arrived in Mexico at 9:15AM, got to my resort at 12PM, first drink at 12:30PM, followed by lunch/drunkeness/nap/check into room/crash/swim/dinner/drink. Now I'm in my room enjoying the quiet. It's been a little tough with Jay's mom. It's me and her in one room, and Jay/our friend Wally in the other.
I love Jay's mom, don't get me wrong, but being separated from Jay for the week, and having only been here for less than 15 hours, it feels like I'm here to take her around while Jay and Wally do their thing. Which is not what I signed up to do! haha..
Anyway, it's amazing here. We upgraded to a poolside/oceanview room at Dreams Tulum in Mexico. it's about an hour drive south of Cancun. We had lunch at the Mexican restaurant. I had a chicken fajita and Jay had a beef burrito. I really liked the fajita. For dinner, we ended up at the World Cafe Buffet. Compared to other buffets, it was decent, however, it is a buffet. Things just always taste weird when it's coming from a buffet. I did, though, have an AMAZING soup. It was greenish, and was like a mushroom/potato/something that makes it green. It was to die for, as was the filleted fish. The rest of the food was kind of bland, they didn't label things that well, and the fruit wasn't as fresh as I would have preferred from a Mexican resort.
Since I crashed during the day, Jay befriended the bartenders while I slept (AKA got really trashed). Wasn't too bad though, although he crashed early, leaving me to be ready/up at 8PM while he was napping. A little frustrating, but it was tough today, being that I didn't sleep last night and I was feeling gross all day. I ended up walking around the resort part I'm near (since we upgraded, we're right in the middle of everything; a minute walk from the ocean, pool, all restaurants, etc), and caught the end of a fire dancing show. It was ridiculous! The things that the people did was just awesome. Literally, right when the performers went for their applause, it started raining, which caused me to go back to the room, watch the Phillies win against the Mets, and come on here to update you.

No comments:

Post a Comment